Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012: Blast from the Past – A year to be Thankful


As I spend Christmas Time and Restdays alone, i thought of looking back on the things that happened to me this year: may it be related to work or just the my plain playful self. As I started looking back with the pictures saved and events noted in my facebook account, I cant help but smile and be thankful for the achievements I have. Lord you’ve been awesome and great and ever generous to me this 2012. I don't know how to start thanking you, but I hope what I have in mind in the coming days and weeks and as i start off 2013, I hope I will be doing the things that’s bound for me.
Edited for Fsq January 2012:     
I started the Year with a Life Celebration as I gazed the 2012 Sinulog Festival in my Hometown. It’s not as fun and as memorable as we have in the past years, but then again, the thought of celebrating it by thanking the Lord for a wonderful start, with a healthy self and a stable job will be worth it. To add, some of my agents graced the festivity as well. Luiji, Caryll, Dane, Che and Irene :). Thank you also Iya for the yummy treats.

_MG_0068 February 2012:  
Swear to God, it was never my intention to be in Baguio every year, but I don’t know. I think something is in the place why I DSC_1232keep coming back. Coincidence maybe, I simply don't know, but my Baguio Trip would usually be plotted between Feb – Apr. For those who will be in the place in the next year to come, hope to bump with you in the City of Pines. This month also marks another major event in my 27 years of existence in this world. I decided to take the first step in exploring my limits: MY FIRST EVER SOLO TRAVEL> bound to explore Northern Luzon.  Several weeks of planning and budgeting, with research on accomodations, transportationsIMG_0402 and tourist spots. I found myself riding a bus bound for Vigan, Ilocos Sur, Laoag Ilocos  Norte and the highlight of this trip Pagupud Ilocos Norte last Feb 2012. It was a dream turned into reality when I finally stepped into these places.  Everything seemed new but truly amazing. The feeling of being totally free from anything.  This experience triggered me to continue my travel solo flighted. You don't have to think aIMG_0717bout someone maybe disappointed if you don't eat at a fancy restaurant or maybe you preferred to be one day millionaire with how you spend the day. No one will ever tell you to stop. If I want to ride a tricycle to roam me around the place I can do that, I even got a motorcycle when i traveled around Pagudpud. Hell yeah, i dont really recommend one but i its still an awesome experience. IMG_0489 February is not all about playing hard,  i even worked harder. This has been an awesome month, my team, me and my top agents got all the awards for Q4 2011. A truly rewarding month for me both in WORK and PERSONAL Life. Its indeed  true that you can get either the best or the worst on both worlds. Thank God I got the best :-)


424193_3231759186479_1311033623_n
March 2012:
Nothing really memorable except that we had our first ever cluster outing in La Vista Highland Resort in Don Salvador Benedicto. A day where we bonded and think of nothing but having fun.  Our own version of Baguio City here in Negros Occidental.

chocolate-hills-bohol
April 2012:
The  month I plotted to go and visit Bohol but I wasn't able to do so because of the Bad Weather condition. It may not be also a good time for me to go there.  :’(. I am gonna make sure that this place will be visited this 2013.



The Food and the Colors_AutoCollage_18_Images_2
a day in iloilo
 May 2012:
Again I invaded Panay: Iloilo, Capiz and I went straight to Kalibo and jump off to Boracay. My second solo travel expedition. I did it in a backpackers way. I enjoyed the vacation without thinking of my expenses because I had everything in the cheapest possible way. I reunited with old friends and meet new ones along the way, I visited a childhood dream place “Sampaguita Garden” and i spend a summery overniMy Home in Panay Escapesght in Boracay.  I never realized I missed playing billiards, thanks to Emz.  I bonded and laugh again with my old friends humorous approach to life. I am glad she’s happy with her family. Thanks for the friendship and the smiles Krishiel =). Oh yeah, Baby Mykan (short for Siomai and CaThe Food and the Colors_AutoCollage_15_Imagesnton) according to her mom. LOL . I spend a night in Roxas city and feasted myself to a seafood dinner at Baybay. Nothing special except for great seafood served in a cheaper price. I didnt get the chance to go to the biggest and oldest bell in Panay because I had to rush to Dumalag to attend an event. While traversing my way to Sampaguita Gardens, I met a new friend, shes one cool girl as well and loves to travel and take pictures. We exchanged thoughts and yeah she became my photographer for that day.  After that tour in Sampaguita Gardens, jumped off to Caticlan for an Overnight escape to Boracay. I found a new Haven there. It’s a bit cheap, near everything you want. Located in Station 2.  One memorable experience, I got stranded in Iloilo because I wasn't able to catch the last trip back to Bacolod. Nevertheless, its a blessing in disguise so I can roam the city.

For Coll 2_AutoCollage_18_Images June 2012:
We visited a mystical place in the northern part of Iloilo. Isla de Gigantes. Very amusing and just captured my heart, if you want to be one with nature. You have to get to this place. It’s a paradise: Beaches, Mountains, Caves… name it, they got it. They have friendly people as well, very accommodating.  To top everything, its not as expensive as you thought it should be.  I promised myself to go back as soon as I can. I need to visit there Lagoon.

376868_3960335400429_139992979_n
July 2012:
New set of people but its jam packed with everything you want in a team. I love you guys. Thank you for the hardwork and I am just so proud of you all. Yeah, they are the top team for Q2 2012.  My Unbeatables Betches and Hornies: Kotz, Chel, Emman, Teddy, Marchel, Angel, Roselle, Ellen, Hazel, Camella, Camille, Kara, Jason, Kikai, Swey and Gerry. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
 
523687_4325949980565_1833364658_n  August – October 2012.IMG_0042
One notch achievement and will never be forgotten: I was chosen to be part of the RedHats team to support the launch of Video Billing in CVG Ortigas. It’s one great experience for me, my first ever business related trip to Manila =) Good Job to me. Worked with new faces and new set of agents.  Meet great people from different sites.  I learned a lot.  Met old friends working in Manila, visited new places and of course, finally, I completed my list: The Manila Ocean Park, Star City, Enchanted Kingdom, Intramuros a lot more =).  I met Jed Madela in person, and he is awesome as expected.  Living the suite life too is pretty much amazing.  What more can I ask for. I am simply honored and grateful. Thank you Lord for the opportunity.  To my Waves 3, 12 and 21, i really had a great IMG_1729time bonding aIMG_2294nd teaching  them all.  To t60203_4265675433739_1195648945_nhe Rob TLs: Beegee, Edmer and Thea, these guys were soo cool.  Logan RedHats: Matt, Brooke, Ethan and Zach… EO P please… but I got a lot of helpful tips. I will miss having lunch with them eating bare hands ^_^.  To rest of the Bacolod and Cebu Folks: Julie, Vince, Third, Jerhart, Bess, Kaye, Friend Marco and Ysh, and my travel buddy Fitz G. thanks for the friendship: the laugh trip and attitude moments.  Lastly: Hadj i, Zie, Ria, Shai, Abby, Jona, Dean and Chad… I couldn't thank you enough for making my stay very memorable. Before i even forget… hehehe to my Lakwatsa Buddy JI.. i missed you dude.. its good to see you again.

74210_4548682588741_1437585371_n
November 2012:574673_4548666348335_1139512306_n
I am back to reality, back to work. This month marks a very memorable moment for this year. MY FIRST EVER TRIP TO MINDANAO =) yeah, finally i have conquered it. I traveled to Cagayan de Oro and jIMG_2116umped off to Camiguin. Short trip but I covered mostly what i wanted to see and do. I conquered the CDO river through the White Water Rafting and I ate an ostrich..waaah… I missed the Dahilayan Adventure Park though which gives me more reason to go back to CDO and stitch Bukidnon to it.   On the other side, its time to get bonded with my new set of agents. Off we go to Guintubdan Mountain Resort. Yeah, my first time to stay overnight.. :)


IMG_2575
December 2012.
Start t he month right with a benefit concert from my all time favorite Side A Band, followed by a Gift Giving activity for our cluster and well the CVG Acoustic Christmas Party which i joined because Juris is there400117_4560237277601_244138004_n .
IMG_2916
IMG_3000
IMG_3065





Indeed I had a very meaningful year this 2012. To all who made this a blast.  NO WORDS CAN EVER EXPRESS HOW GRATEFUL AND THANKFUL I AM.
As I will always say, LIFE IS MEANT TO BE LIVED, NOT TO BE WATCHED.  One chapter finished, Im moving on to the next one.
A Glimpse of 2013:  A new and fiercer ME =)
297784_4610616657054_237371273_n
Holiday Greetings from The Blue Rider ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment