Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Nature Trip at Guintubdan

IMG_2287IMG_2270
 
 
Caught up in a serene sight of the mountains and gasping view of the city landscape, my team and I found ourselves on top of one of the highest grounds of Negros Occidental.
IMG_2033IMG_2034IMG_2278
 
Guintubdan Campsite is situated in Barangay Ara-al, La Carlota. It is a small village some 750 meters above sea level and is found at the western foot of Mt. Kanlaon. Near the camspite is the Guintubdan Visitors Reception Center and Gardens. It’s grounds are open for guest who wished to spend their nights camping and being one with nature.
The place is a sure way to take off your stress from the buzzing city life. Here I felt like reconnecting myself with nature, the cold winds and fresh air reminded me that life is a heavenly bliss.
IMG_2058IMG_2059IMG_2089IMG_2245
I am used to travelling alone, it gave me the freedom to choose whatever, whenever and wherever I wanna go. Found myself strolling early in the morning and I saw the twilight of the moon glaring, reminded me of the amazing creator, how he crafted things to be majestically beautiful.
IMG_2259
To top the experience, the Majestic Waterfalls. Hearing the ravaging sound of the falling water simply reminded me that yeah, I am close to nature. This is the life I always wanted to have: Carefree and Stress Free. I described the falls as majestic because I saw a rainbow . Dip and splash in the cool waters will surely take whatever worries you have.
IMG_2098IMG_2116IMG_2134IMG_2205
It made me feel renewed and ready to kick off after this overnight encounter with nature. Its one heaven on earth.
 
How to Get There:
From Bacolod – take a jeepney bound to Libertad Terminal and look for Buses bound to La Carlota. Will take an hour to reach La Carlota City depends on the road condition.
Fare: Php 25.00
Upon arriving at the city proper tell the driver to drop you off to the city market where you can find jeepneys bound to Guintubdan.
From La Carlota to Guintubdan will take around 45 minutes but surely you’ll enjoy the ride because of the scenic landscapes by the road.
Fare: Php 30.00
Now when you reach Guintubdan, there are two places that you can stay at La Carlota Pavillion or Rafael Salas Benedicto (Bago Pavilion). I suggest you go to La Carlota Pavillion
Rates:
Entrance Fees: Php 20.00 (Adults) Php 10.00 (Kids)
Room Rates:
Group or Family Room @ Php 1500.00/day (4 pax)
*** we were 10 but we got this room
Standard Room (Main Building) @ Php 1000.00/day (2 pax)
Standard Room (Annex Building) @ Php 600.00/day (3pax)
** These are non AC room as you don’t need one because its cold here.
For Reservation Call the City Tourism Office: +63(34) 4600-286




























No comments:

Post a Comment