Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wanderlust and ticking off items from my Bucket list: Few travels through the years

WP_001331 HOW DID IT ALL START? You will not understand it unless you also love to travel and break free. Call me cynical, but I will bet my last peso that we’re not on the same page unless we have the same passion. Some people see it as absurd, as a waste of time, but I guess those who felt the need to wander will disagree.

A decade ago, I simply enjoyed local spots, hotels and resorts within the city with my friends, parents and relatives. Back then, I travel to just go and have fun. No responsibilities. Nothing in mind but fun.

Several years passed, my reason for traveling apparently evolved. I’d like to think it comes not with the volume of places I’ve been to but with maturity. I still like the idea of having and sharing short vacation in different places with family, friends and people who matters to me. Nothing beats the happiness seeing the people you love delight in the things you see and experience. Together you dine and appreciate discovering things. Chance and time allowed me to do solo traveling that challenged me to become less dependent and be more responsible. While being vulnerable to a lot of things, I revel each time I laugh at my mistakes whenever I took the wrong route or during times when language barrier gets in the way. I found myself constantly craving to experience new ground, to taste new dishes that are unusual to my palates, to learn beyond Geography and Social Science Books (which I wouldn’t deny I reference to a lot) by meeting persons native to a place, and being in places inscribed by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites, to celebrate adventures via either planned or spontaneous journeys, to know more about myself while exploring the world.
Traveling taught me to become more patient and more thankful. It made me feel more alive!

WANDERLUST AND BUCKET LIST. Needless to say, I have strong desire to wander and to be in places on my bucket list. I lust and love traveling. Europe, Africa and South America on my mind. However, shame on me as I haven’t been to most provinces in my own country and a long list of regions in Asia to set foot on. Those are on my list too.

WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE WITH TRAVELING? It gives you opportunities to see God’s creations. Healthier than a shot of vodka, a bottle of beer or a dose of sleeping pill, planning for the next trip and traveling are so therapeutic that it heals emotional, physical and psychological burdens. Best of all, it lets you create memories to cherish and treasure forever. Traveling is a love that many people share. It enables us to experience nature at it’s finest first-hand, enjoy mind-relaxing or adrenaline-pumping activities, and see everything we knew in another light, or simply, meet new people – which all in turn, give us different stories to tell.

It is hard to restrict the list to just few things, needless to say, I just need a rundown of things I wanted to do and places I wanted to see.  Our world is truly magnificent and we each occupy just a tiny fragment of it. Travel is a privilege and one of our greatest treasures, and we all should have a travel bucket list. It broadens our minds and feeds our souls, and who wouldn’t want to experience something wondrous or incredibly beautiful, whether made by man or Mother Nature?

Here’s The Bucketlist of The Blue Rider

PH TRAVEL
WW TRAVEL
Cliff Jumping Angkor Wat
Climb an Active Volcano Carnival in Rio
Climb the Highest Mountain in the Philippines Changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace
Complete the 81 Provinces in the Philippines before I reach 35 Cherry Blossom Fall in Japan
Drive a formula one race car Coliseum at Rome
Experience the Sea of Clouds Colosseum
Experience wakeboarding Disneyland
Explore and experience at least 30 beaches before I reach 30 Diwali Festival
Fly on a Hot Air Ballon Dubai’s Burj Al Arab
Get my first tattoo Eiffel Tower
Calle Crisologo Vigan (Day and Night) Ferrari Theme Park
Ice Skating Golden Gate Bridge
Join a Trail Run Gondola in Venice
Learn how to Surf Grand Canyon
Paragliding Great Wall of China
Ride a cruise ship Hollywood Sign
Ride a Helicopter Holy Land
Ride a Kalesa Notre Dame
Ride an ATV Petronas Tower
Scuba Diving Pyramids of Egypt
See the windmills in Bangui Safari in Kenya/Africa
Spelunking Santornini
Swim with the Dolphin (just dolphin watching) Sistine Chapel
Swim with the whale sharks St. Peter’s Basilica
Travel at least half of the Philippine Provinces before I reach 30 Sta. Monica Pier
Travel Southeast Asia by 2020 Statue of Liberty
Try different kinds of Ziplines Stonehenge
Try SandBoarding Taj Mahal
Try Windsurfing The Big Ben
Visit as many tourist spots in the Philippines that were written in my History Books (High School) The Dead Sea
Visit as many UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the Philippines The Leaning Tower of Pisa
Beach Bum in Bali
Own/Drive a Sports Car (my first car’s Honda Prelude) The Parthenon
Archery Tokyo Sky Tree (New Tokyo Tower)
Shooting Vineyards of France and Italy
 
Yes, I am in love with traveling and discovering, but at the end of the day I will still go back to building a family of my own with 2 kids, a house by the beach and an SUV (yahoo) and I would love to own a MacBook and an upgraded DSLR for my trips ^_^

I know this will grow longer as time passes and as I continue my wanderlust. For now these are on top of my list. Some may be a bit difficult to achieve but as they say, everything starts with a dream.  Cheers!
Technorati Tags: ,,







No comments:

Post a Comment