Tuesday, March 11, 2014

An Afternoon of Wakeboarding Experience

CWC, Yohooo! I am finally here! Camsur Watersports Complex is a unique water sports park designed for wakeboarding, wakeskating and waterskiing. It is open for Beginners (like me) and professional wakeboarders and skiiers from all over the world.  CWC offers a 6-point cable ski system, coupled with restaurants, sand bars, spas, pro-shops and grand stands to hold guests. Riders can also enjoy their favorite water sports at night as the park will be equipped with spotlights that allow for it even to be open on evenings.

This is the sight that welcomed us when we enter CWC. Pro wakeboarders! Whew! It looks so easy from afar, but it’s not! Of course, I wouldn't let this opportunity pass without trying the wakeboarding myself. It costs Php 125.00/per hour with rental of vest and helmet +PhP 500.00 Deposit refundable upon return of gear (wakeboard with slip-on Bindings and Kneeboards inclusive). You may check the rates here: CWC RATES

IMG_9913

 IMG_9916

 IMG_9917 

Of course, the first few minutes of my lesson were the basics of the board and the techniques on how to float and enjoy the ride. Here are some of the lesson i learned: Point your toes up, put pressure on your heels, don’t pull the cables, bend your legs.  Watching the other beginner wake boarders, it looks easy, but it’s one challenging water sport. You need strength, endurance and balance all through out the course and of course a lot of confidence (hahaha!)

IMG_9924

 IMG_9925

 IMG_9926

It wasn’t easy the first few ride, i kept falling off the balance and of course sink.  The secret is to keep on trying and exhaust whatever energy remained. Well, I guess I am not that strong, after several attempts, I was able to ride the board but not until the other side.  It was a great experience and two thumbs up for those who can ride the boards.

IMG_9932

 IMG_9934

Do i Look like a pro? hahaha

  IMG_9980 

This afternoon wakeboarding session did not just allow me to experience how to ride the board and fell but also met some great foreigners who were very supportive when I was so scared to try.

IMG_0018

Even though I wasn't able to complete a full turn on the beginners park, I am still proud that I took the courage to grab that board and fell in the water. The next time I am going to go back, I will make sure to enjoy the ride.  IMG_0035

After that challenging wakeboarding, it’s time to replenish what was lost. Boss Jaymee said, “You have never been to CWC if you haven't tried the Laing Pizza.” All right! So let’s go and stamped this CWC experience with their famous Bicol Pizza (Laing Pizza)

IMG_0042

IMG_0044

Imagine how innovative Bicolano’s are! The usual Laing that we paired with rice turned out to be one of the best tasting pizza I have ever tried. I know, this will forever carved in my taste buds, CWC = Wakeboarding + Laing Pizza.

After feasting ourselves with great foods, it’s time for some sight seeing. It was dark when we ended our pigging out so we really haven't got the chance to get good photos of the entire CWC.

 

IMG_0046

A POSE AT THE SOUVENIR SHOP

IMG_0051

ONE OF THE CABANAS

IMG_0061

If ever you find yourself in Naga, CWC is a must visit and wakeboarding is  definitely worth a try. It may seem challenging but I sure did enjoy every seconds of it. Even if you don't know how to swim, its fine, you have life vest to help you float and you can paddle your way out of the deep water. It was a short visit in CWC but I was able to complete my list:

          • Wakeboarding  - Checked!
          • Laing Pizza – Checked!
          • Sight Seeing – Checked!

No comments:

Post a Comment