Monday, May 26, 2014

A Detour in Antipolo, Rizal

The road to the unknown overwhelms my spirit and as the journey towards strange places continue,I couldn’t help but feel a little bit worried if I am indeed taking the right way to my destination. This journey to the unknown makes traveling a little exciting and I missed doing this for the longest time ever. I missed traveling solo.

May weekends should be a series of beach bumming and exploration but I finally decided to take a weekend off my regular trips and head to the mountains of Antipolo. This should be a back to back getaway but my body reminded me that I am still human and sometimes I need to take a break.

There you go, at 830 in the morning, I found myself walking towards FX Ride to Antipolo with my usual weekend self, backpack, camera and this time I carry something very essential for this trip. My journals :)

After roughly 45 minutes, I finally reached Antipolo City. According to the informative WIKI, it is a city in the Philippines located in the Province of Rizal; about 25 kilometers east of Manila. It is the largest city in the CALABARZON Region. It is also the seventh most populous city in the country. The city is popular for being a pilgrimage site. It prides itself as the "Pilgrimage Capital of the Philippines." The Marian image of the Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage or the Virgin of Antipolo, which was brought in from Mexico in 1626, and enshrined in the Antipolo Cathedral has a continuous following among Filipino Catholics since the Spanish era. Said to be the patron saint for sailors and travelers. I didn’t know this until I landed here. So there, I am now aware whom to call and pray for each time I travel.

It was a fine and hot sunny Saturday in Antipolo and my first stop is of course, the Church. Just before I  entered, a lady approached me and gave me prayer leaflets and rosary in exchange for a donation. I brought them with me inside the church. I attended mass and took pictures after. As much as I would like to stay and take more images, the place is just too crowded and there’s an ongoing mass all throughout the day. So, maybe next time, I might get the chance to roam inside.

IMG_1995

 IMG_1999

 IMG_2000

 IMG_2001

I hailed a tricycle going to my friend’s place. I was surprised that I have to pay Php 50.00, according to her it’s a special trip. yay! We went to her friend’s place and grab some lunch. We did a little chit chatting, recalling our childhood days and how we missed our beloved hometown.  So long my friend, till we meet again. It was nice seeing you and your kiddos.

IMG_2013

 IMG_2016IMG_2019

 

The Journey to the Prayer Mountains ===> An overnight encounter with Him

No comments:

Post a Comment